Monday, August 27, 2007

The Love of Horses

“The essential joy of being with horses is that it brings us in contact with the rare elements of grace, beauty, spirit, and fire.” ~Sharon Ralls Lemon, Editor of Horse Illustrated magazine



This past weekend I headed to Brays Island to spend time relaxing and riding horses with my family. It is a beautiful island full of historic southern architecture to visit and endless nature trails for riding. We were thrilled to take our own horses on this trip; my daughter Erin drove the trailer down herself! I love to ride horses- it’s an exciting way to explore a landscape and I feel more connected to God’s awe-inspiring creation everytime I saddle up! Everyone in my family appreciates the strength and beauty of these amazing animals, as we have raised several horses on our farm. We love them as members of our family, are grateful for their help on the farm and enjoy riding whenever we can. Erin is especially drawn to horses and has fostered special relationships with each of ours. She is involved in every aspect of riding from basic care to elaborate dressage training and sees horses as a catalyst for healing in children and adults. I love watching her ride and am amazed by her control and agile grace as she does so. Erin’s connection is a joy for me to witness and I am so proud of her many accomplishments in the equestrian field. Horseback riding is much more than a hobby to her, it is a passion that I know she will use to touch the lives of others for many years to come.

Susan

No comments: