Sunday, August 19, 2007

My Mother's Birthday Celebration



Our home on the family farm is often the gathering spot for special family events. Everyone loves returning “home” to the farm to share fellowship and festivities with one another. Yesterday my relatives joined Al and me to celebrate my mother’s birthday. The afternoon was spent visiting the barn and exploring the land on the gators, our farm vehicles. The children love visiting and feeding the many animals - the horses and pigs are always up for a peanut butter treat too! It was just the way my mother wanted to spend her special day, surrounded by family and fun. For dinner we had a casual cookout - however, it is always an event when my husband, Al, and brother, David, are in charge of the grill! We spent the evening sharing cake, stories, and many hugs. Our mother has blessed us and her grandchildren with much joy through the years and it was wonderful to spend the evening together showing her our love. It was a delightful day for all!


Susan

No comments: