Monday, September 17, 2007

Take it to the Hoop!


My daughter-in-law, Megan, recently began a new job as the director at our church’s afterschool program through the YMCA. She loves working with the children and I know that our community is pleased to have someone of her faith and dedication to keep the program going strong. Yesterday Megan and my son, Mac, erected a basketball goal at our church for the kids. I know they will be delighted to have an area to play basketball outside this fall. I always encouraged my own children to be involved in athletic activities. They are a great venue for teaching the important life skills of teamwork and good sportsmanship. The new basketball goal will surely be a blessing to the afterschool program as playtime and learning combine!

Susan

No comments: