Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Visiting Family in Massachusetts



       

          
         I just returned from a wonderful trip with my mother and brother, David. We flew to Massachusetts for a long weekend to visit my Aunt Ella, Uncle Jim, and my cousins’ families. It was great to see everyone and to spend time together. It was especially nice to spend more time with my cousin Mary Beth’s daughter Alisa and my cousin Nancy’s daughter Polina. They have so much energy and are both very sweet!
We also spent a lot of time outdoors; Massachusetts is gorgeous this time of year! The land was so lush and green. We enjoyed exploring the town of Cheshire, where Nancy lives, and even spent some time hiking along the Appalachian Trail. The trail runs right behind her house! It is amazing to think we can hike along the same trail whether we’re in North Carolina or Massachusetts. 

                                                                       You just have to find the familiar white blaze marked on the trees and rocks along the way.
We made so many cherished memories last weekend, I hope we can all get together again soon with the rest of our families!

No comments: