Thursday, November 10, 2011

Comfort Food!


Today's weather is a little less than fabulous... Cold. Rainy. Yuck. Especially after the warm front we have had I find today's weather rather unpleasant.

Yes, today is a day that calls for comfort food! I love this definition:
Comfort food - the gastronomic equivalent of a warm sweater, a kiss on the forehead, and a favorite blanket.

So - that had me thinking about one thing... Well, maybe two things...
1. Paula!

and 2. Macaroni & cheese!! I will have to make this soon -

Crock Pot Macaroni & Cheese

1 lb. sharp cheddar cheese - shredded
1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese - save 1/4 cup for the topping
1 (16 oz) box elbow macaroni
1 large can evaporated milk
1 c. milk
1 can cheddar cheese soup
1 stick butter
1 egg - beaten
salt and pepper to taste

Cook macaroni and drain. Mix all ingredients together in a crock pot. Sprinkle 1/4 cup parmesan cheese on top. Cook on low for 3 hours. YUM!

This recipe is adapted from my high school alma mater's cookbook - Cooking Down East II. Go Eagles! Also - it makes A LOT... perfect for a potluck supper.

The quote above came from The Meaning of Food - they also share favorite comfort food recipes from chefs and food writers - check it out!

As Paula would say - I wish you all love and best dishes from my kitchen to yours!


No comments: