Wednesday, November 23, 2011

So Very Thankful


Can you believe it? Thanksgiving is tomorrow! I hope that you are all looking forward to (or have already started) the cooking and gathering with loved ones that this holiday brings!

This morning at the gym our workout instructor Donna lead us in a Thanksgiving devotional. It was a powerful message for me to hear as Donna challenged us to try and thank God for something new everyday - for something that we had never thanked God for in the past. So often I pray and thank God for my many blessings generically, or I find myself thanking God for the same things over and over again. While these are still meaningful prayers to me, this new challenge has already changed my outlook in just a couple of hours. This morning my mind has been filled with all of the other blessings in my life that I have overlooked or forgotten to acknowledge in the past. So, I am now passing this challenge on to you. Don't forget to look around this Thanksgiving for all of the many blessings in your own life - great and small!

I also wanted to share a few pictures from a recent farmer's market excursion... I am so very thankful for this year's harvest bounty!

I hope that you and yours will have a safe and happy gathering tomorrow! Also... don't forget that it's okay to have a little fun with your veggies this Thanksgiving too!

No comments: