Friday, September 19, 2008

The Angel Trumpet





For my birthday this year, my dear friend Annie gave me a plant. Although I trust Annie in all gardening endeavors, as she has a special touch with every flower and animal she encounters, I must say it did not look like much at first. It was even kind of scraggly. My husband Al called it a “poke salad” which is the term his father gave to an unsightly plant that grew on the farm when he was growing up. However, as we faithfully tended this plant (with much help from Annie herself) it has all of a sudden blossomed and is gorgeous, full of pink flowers. It is called an Angel Trumpet, and if you ever find one, I urge you not to judge it, as we did, at first glance! What a very special birthday gift this plant has become – Thank you, Annie!

1 comment:

Brenda Emmons said...

Susan,

I was amused to think how we must all look like "poke salad" to God until He faithfully nourishes, cares and grows us into the beautiful creatures we are in Him. May we all see ourselves the way God sees us instead of the way we see ourselves!

Brenda