Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Beth Moore Bible Study
















The Women’s Bible Study has started up again at Pleasant Hill Presbyterian. Every fall, Clara Giles organizes the Bible study and inspires women from our church to make the commitment to join together in studying a new topic from God’s word. I always look forward to these meetings. It is hard work as we have a lot of reading and questions to answer throughout the week, however it is so rewarding as I always learn a lot and discover new ways to interpret passages I have read throughout my life.
This fall, we are studying along with a lecture series called “The Patriarchs: Encountering the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob” from Beth Moore. Beth Moore is an amazing woman. She is a minister at First Baptist Church in Houston, Texas and founded a biblically based organization for women called Living Proof Ministries. I am always blessed by her teachings and by the other women in the Bible study. Beckie and Susan from the studio also attend this Bible study, so we are able to remind each other to keep up with our studies! I cannot say enough about the importance in my life of maintaining this time of fellowship with my girlfriends. Not only do we grow in faith together, we also form an amazing support system as we study and pray together each week.

No comments: