Thursday, July 3, 2008

Happy 4th of July!



I hope you all enjoy a fabulous Fourth of July tomorrow! It is wonderful to have a day devoted to celebrating our freedoms as Americans and the beauty of our country. I know July 4th is always a highlight of my family’s summer! This year we are having a large family gathering at our church for a barbeque and time of fellowship. We have so many blessings as Americans and it is always important to remember these as we celebrate together. Last week at our church, my friend Emily gave a wonderful children’s sermon. I would like to share it with you all now as we prepare for our country’s birthday. Emily talked about the significance of the colors of our flag. Red stands for the courage of the many men and women that have fought for our country. White stands for the purity and integrity of always trying our best to do what is right. Lastly, blue stands for justice, as everyone in our country should be treated fairly and with respect. The American flag holds a special place in my heart and I have had the pleasure to paint the beautiful red, white and blue several times for my Old Glory calendar, along with many other patriotic themes. I hope you all will take time to remember the flag’s significance in your own lives as you celebrate with family and friends tomorrow. Have a terrific Fourth!

No comments: