Wednesday, February 15, 2012

What I love about Stephanie...


I have had the pleasure of knowing Stephanie since she was a little girl growing up down the street from our farm. We have been through a lot together and I feel so blessed to have her working in my studio! Stephanie is a wonderful mom - so devoted to her husband and children - yet "magically" seems to be in 2 places at once, as she manages to hold everything together at home and at the studio too. A woman of deep faith, I have always respected how much she cares for the people of her church. Her passion for the children's programs there is so inspiring to see.

Stephanie is creative and imaginative in so many ways! Simply put, she "gets it" and understands immediately what needs to be done for any project. I often think that she knows what I'm thinking before I do! Always coming up with new ideas for projects and in social media outlets, Stephanie has taught us to embrace the technology that is essential to the future of the studio. Stephanie is also a true "people person" who communicates beautifully with all of our clients through her laughter and sweet spirit. Years ago, my agent described her as the "heartbeat of the studio" and I could not agree more!



Since it is Valentine's week - I thought I would include this Valentine Stephanie gave Al and I. It has been bent, crinkled, and spilled on over the years - but is far too precious not to hold onto!



Stephanie first worked for me as a babysitter for my 3 kids!
I have said many times that she "raised my children" and I am so proud of all that she instilled in them.



Stephanie always knows how to strike a pose! She keeps everyone in stitches with her funny stories, expressions and wild sense of humor.



Here we are for a studio lunch at one of Stephanie's favorite places -
Cracker Barrel!



Our studio isn't too far from one of Stephanie's favorite places - Carowinds. I came back from an appointment one day to this picture of everyone "playing hookey." Did I mention Stephanie is an extremely talented photoshop artist??



A quick interview with Stephanie -

When and how did you start working at Winget Art?
I grew up on the same road as Susan's family and when I was 12, I started babysitting for her children on a regular basis. I can remember putting her youngest son Sam to bed in his crib and he would ask me to sing him songs about tractors and guns - such is life on the farm, I guess! After her children "outgrew" me, Susan asked if I would like to help out in her art studio tracing images on the light table. The other ladies in the studio called me "Tracy" since that was all I did! Little by little I began to learn the tricks of the trade on the computer and in graphic arts. When I graduated from college, Susan asked me to work for her full time - truly my dream job! I have loved every minute of my time here!

Do you have a favorite Product or Collection?
I love Susan's scrapbooking collections and all of the awesome little embellishments that come with them! I especially love her Botanical collection with K & Company. The purple, teal and green colorway has my name written all over it!

Decorating Tip?
Declutter, declutter, declutter! It makes everything (and everyone) feel better!

Favorite Quote?
"Be cheerful no matter what; pray all the time; thank God no matter what happens. This is the way God wants you who belong to Christ Jesus to live." 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18



Thank you for all of your hard work over the years - I love you, Stephanie!


2 comments:

A Daughter of the King said...

What a heartwarming story! I love how God puts people together.

BETH YARBROUGH said...

What a gift this girl is! I love the bit about singing tractor songs.